Monday, September 3, 2012

Messing With Pictures,.... Changing Your Feelings About Them













In this picture I cropped out the building in which a soldier and John McCain were exiting to give the over all feeling of their conversation less of a political and more personable.













In this picture I took at a house rave we hosted I wanted to crop out the empty space to make the over all feel of the picture more energetic and exciting. Along with cropping I also boosted the saturation of the neon colors to help visually connect the audience to the excitement of the moment













This was a picture taken the summer of 2011 highlighting the fun we were having. For the assignment I cropped out everything except the upper left corner of the picture. The reason for this is that with Sarah actually posing and smiling ground the picture, kinda balancing out the fun.













Cropping out the lower and upper parts of the picture switches the focus of the picture from the wedding scene to more on why the storm troopers are there. From this, creating an idea that this may not be a wedding but a lovers execution. 














For this picture I wanted to pull the focus away from the over all idea that even in their dismal lifestyle a father can provide his son happiness to show that even the simplest things such as a pair of sun glasses can bring joy to all ages.













For this picture I wanted to mainly focus on the facial expression and the eyes of both figures in the picture. Pulling away from the dissolved background and the girls body language having less to look at intensifies their  facial expressions and boldness of  their eyes.













In this picture I wanted to crop out the cloud figures leave the audience with more of an imaginative idea to what was above shifting the focus of the picture to the dismay below. 













Although the original image was fun and exciting I wanted to turn this ordinary image in to a banner that could be used to show the fun side of a local club. Rotating the picture and increasing its hues and saturation makes  the idea of the situation more surreal.













In the original image the focus of the clown boy was overshadowed by the magnitude of the space. For my focus after cropping and increasing the hue and light was to really highlight how unhappy clown boy is next to  his cut and dry father.













For my final picture I wanted to be more subtle about my moves since it is a black and white piece. Slicing the negative space of the picture off I wanted the elongated nature of the picture to feel more like a movie poster and less like a statement. 










No comments:

Post a Comment